Xylitol Dangers For Your Pets

By November 27, 2015Pet Talk

Xylitol is a sweetener that is used in many different human products like gum, baked goods, toothpaste and candy. More importantly, it is now being used in some types of Peanut Butter. This is something we want you as pet owners to be aware of, especially if you like to use it as a treat or to hide those pesky medicines. It is VERY dangerous to your pet and can cause severe liver damage. Symptoms of xylitol toxicity include vomiting, lethargy and loss of coordination. If you think your pet has ingested something that contains xylitol, call your Veterinarian IMMEDIATELY! It could be the difference between life and death.

bw2

Leave a Reply