The holidays are right around the corner, which means it is time for family members from far and wide to come visit. Make sure that you don’t let your furry friends feel left out or stressed while you are busy unwrapping your gifts. Here are some tips to help make the holidays more enjoyable for everyone, both with and without fur.
- Run laps around the snowman- Making sure your pet has a healthy way to burn off their energy and excitement will not only make it more enjoyable for your guests, but also for your pooch. This will allow them to have “visions of sugarplums dancing in their heads” while you and your guests enjoy dinner.
- A castle fit for a queen or king- Allow your pet to have access to a quieter area in the house, whether it be a room they can escape to or their crate, just in case singing those Christmas carols gets a little too loud for them.
- Scrumpcious scraps- Make sure your guests know if your pets have any food allergies or if you do not want them to feed table scraps to your pooch. Nobody wants to worry about Santa stepping in diarrhea or calling their Vet Christmas Morning.
- Tis’ the season…for toys- Now is the perfect time to pull out those kong toys! Try filling them with peanut butter and putting in the freezer overnight. This toy is bound to be a hit and keep your pet entertained for hours to ensure everyone has a silent night (unless you choose to give a toy with squeakers…then you are on your own!)
- Home for the Holidays- Some of you may be traveling this year to visit family and friends. If your furry friend can’t make the trip with you, have no fear! We would love to keep them company here at our pet resort. This is also a good option if you’re pets tend to get overwhelmed when company comes over (or if they don’t get excited about slobbery kisses under the misletoe like we do).