Don’t let your four legged friend feel left out during your festive meals this holiday season! Here are some pet friendly recpies that will leave them all drooling and beggin for more!
Santa’s Puppy Peanut Butter Banana Biscuits (try saying that 3 times fast!)
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Stir together the egg, peanut butter, banana, and honey in a medium bowl; blend thoroughly. Stir in the flour and wheat germ; mix well. Turn dough out onto a floured board and roll to 1/4 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes with a cookie cutter, place on prepared baking sheet, and brush tops with egg white.
- Bake biscuits in preheated oven until dried and golden brown, about 30 minutes, depending on size. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
Christmas Chicken Kitty Cookies
- 1 ½ cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 tbsp. softened margarine
- While your oven is preheating to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, combine the chicken, broth and margarine, then add the cornmeal and flour.
- Knead the dough into a ball and then roll it out to ¼ inch.
- Cut into one-inch pieces and bake for 20 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet.