With the 4th of July coming up soon, we thought you would like to know what to do if your furbaby is afraid of fireworks. Here are some tips you can try to keep them comfortable during the holiday.
- Put them into a room where they feel comfortable.
- Put on some loud music to create background noise (ex. rap music)
- Avoid crates unless pet is already comfortable in them; escape attempts that could cause harm to themselves may occur if they are not comfortable in their crate
- Do not take them to locations where fireworks may occur if they are stressed out by them.
- Do not leave them outside unattended during possible fireworks
- Thundershirts are a clothing item made for pets that can be put on during traumatic events.