- Regular tooth brushing is the best way to prevent plaque and tartar on your pet’s teeth
- Tooth brushing should be performed daily for best results
- Follow these steps:
- Only use toothpaste made for pets. Toothpaste made for people contains fluoride in concentrations that can make your pet sick.
- Brush all teeth using a pet toothbrush, starting at the front, working from the gum line to the tip of the tooth. Just focus on the outside of the teeth. No rinsing needed!
- When finished, give your pet a treat as a reward.
Daily brushing at home will help to prevent plaque build up like below.